Why To Remove Amalgam Fillings From Teeth?

About 50% of amalgam is made of mercury. The rest from other metals such as silver and tin. In the past 20 years, mercury has been linked to:

  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Kidney damage
  • Brain damage

The video titled as “Amalgam Removal And Different Restoration Methods” talks about why it is important to remove amalgam fillings from teeth.

The mercury in the amalgam fillings releases low levels of mercury vapor, which is absorbed into the bloodstream in the lungs. The common symptoms of mercury poisoning include:

  • Skin discoloration
  • Swelling and shedding of the skin
  • Increased heart rate (tachycardia)
  • Elevated blood pressure (hypertension)
  • Hair loss (alopecia)
  • Memory impairment and brain fog
  • Kidney dysfunction and more

Hence it becomes very important to remove amalgam fillings.

The method to do new restoration replacement includes the following:

  • Composite resin: It is a tooth colored plastic and glass mixture used to restore decayed teeth.
  • Ceramic Inlay-Onlay: An inlay is usually an indirect restoration filling fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place.

For further details, refer the given video.

Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge