Agarwal Public School, Indore is affiliated to C.B.S.E board of education. It was established in the year 1995.The foundation of the school was laid by Late Smt. Chameli Devi Agarwal. It mainly aims at the overall development of the students by using the traditional method of teaching. Classes from nursery level to higher secondary level (XII) are offered. This school believes in learning by fun. As a result of this, Agarwal Public School has come up with various interesting techniques to educate the students. Thus, the school believes in promoting communication techniques both in English and Hindi, Basic Maths, Computers and Creative skills, Toddler Training and Personality Development. The Hostel Warden, House Masters and House Mothers give utmost attention towards the students. In the Junior wing, the school has a specially Designed Toy Room, Four Corner Room, Library, Junior Computer Lab, Puppetry Theatre and Audio-Visual Room.
Medium of instruction: English
Streams offered: Science and Commerce
School Type: Co-Educational
Level: Nursery to class XII
Board: Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), New Delhi
American Friendship Residential School (AFRS) was founded in 1985. It is the result of encouragement received from Indians in the USA.This school provides academic learning of a high standard for their children and gives them the opportunity to live in India and learn about their homeland, her rich cultural heritage, ethos & values. The school is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi and prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) examinations at the end of Standard X. AFRS is a secular residential school for boys with classes from IV to X.
Amtul’s Public School, Nainital was founded by Late Haji Abdul Wajid Sahib. Following in Wajid Saheb’s footprints, his youngest son Mr. Abdul Rashid (President of Amtul’s Public Schools) dedicated his heart and soul in fulfilling his father’s noble ambitions & thus, the institution has been moulded into its present form under his able guidance and persistence. Amtul’s has surely but steadily marched towards its zenith. This is amply reflected with the establishment of another school i.e. Amtul’s Public School, Moradabad, U.P. The main objective of the school is to develop knowledge and skills through better teaching facilities and well-qualified and motivated teachers. To attain Academic excellence by offering a wide syllabus to ensure, students reach their full potential in external examinations.
The Darul-Uloom Muslim High School was established in 1920 in the bungalow of the Nawab of Wai,in Panchgani. At that time it accomodated 30 students on the roll. An estate of over 165 acres on the Panchgani Mahableshwar Road by the trustees and the school was shifted there in 1922. In May 1958, the Darul-Uloom Trust was transferred to the Anjuman-I-Islam, Bombay, a registered organization that manages a number of charities, orphanages and educational institutions. The area of 165 acres encompasses a main building with seven dormitories, dispensary, modern dining hall, kitchen, auditorium, science laboratory, gymnasium, skating ring, horse riding club, Akbar Peerbhoy stadium, a prayer hall and the Principal’s office. There are staff quarters, separate Primary and Secondary Schools with a well equipped science laboratory, library, art room and reading room. The large playgrounds and full size athletics track are distinctive features of the school. It prepares its pupils for the Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSC) conducted by the Board and follows the syllabus laid down by the Government. The school is also a member of the Indian Public School’s Conference. Students are drawn from all over India as well as from foreign countries that include the Middle East, African countries, South East Asia and Iran. The school has on its roll 350 boarders, the maximum it can accommodate, and over 100 day scholars.
School Type : Boys
Affiliation: Board of Secondary Education, Pune, Maharashtra (State Board)
The Army Public School Dagshai was founded on 1st June 1986 under the aegis of Headquarters Western Command of Indian Army in order to provide quality education on public school lines to the talented wards of defense personnel and civilians. This one among the other residential schools in India was started under the guidance of Western Command of Indian Army. The school is a member of the Indian Public Schools Conference (IPSC). The educational objectives and the methodology of teaching are entirely different and it focuses on learner oriented education, value based and with stress on developing life skills, thus giving it a holistic dimension.
Medium of instruction: English
Streams: Commerce,science,arts and information technology applications
School Type: Co-Educational
Level: V – XII
Affiliation: Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E), New Delhi
Address:Army Public School Dagshai
Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India – 173210
Computer Department : Phone – 01792-266968
6. BANGALORE MILITARY SCHOOL
King George Royal Indian Military College, Bangalore was founded on 1st August 1946. The school was reorganised in September 1952 and the name shortened to King George’s School with the motto “Play The Game.” The cadets were being prepared for the senior Cambridge examination from 1952-1962. The name was changed to Military School, Bangalore in 1966 and it adopted the CBSE syllabus in 1967.
In 1952 the name was shortened to King George’s School. The school cadets were appearing for Senior Cambridge Examination until 1962. In 1962 it got affiliation to ICSE and in 1966 it acquired its present name Military School Bangalore. In 1967 it adopted CBSE syllabus. Bangalore Military School is a Cat ‘A’ Establishment under the direct control of DGMT(MT-15). All instructions pertaining to finance, training, admission and recruitment are received directly from AHQ (MT-15). The school celebrated its Golden Jubilee on 07 Dec 1996. General Shankar Roy Choudhary, Chief of the Army Staff, was the Chief Guest. The Military School Bangalore is spread over an area of 68 acres. The school buildings are of pre independence vintage and demand extensive maintenance on a regular basis. During last two decades only few new buildings have come up namely, Cadets Mess, Assembly Hall, Six class rooms complex and residential accommodation for Administrative Officer, RMO and two Master Gazetted’s. A case for new buildings for the school has already been initiated which may come up over a period of time. The aim of the school is to impart quality education to the boys to enable them to take the All India Secondary Examination and the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination of the CBSE New Delhi and as to facilitate their entry into the National Defence Academy, Khadakwala.
School Type: Boys Only
Affliation: Central Board Secondary Education
Medium Of Instruction: English but Hindi is a compulsory subject.
Streams Offered: Science(at +2),Humanities subjects till Std. X.
Bangalore Military School
P.B. No. 2500, Musuem Road, Hosur Road
7. BHARATIYA VIDYA BHAVAN’S INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL PUBLIC SCHOOL
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s International Residential Public School (Bhavan’s Vidyashram) is located at Bhimavaram in West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. It was established on August 15, 1983. The school offers the best academic environment for an excellent education. Classes from lower kindergarten to XII level are provided.
School Type: Co-Education
Affiliation: Central Board Secondary Examination(CBSE)
Medium Of Intruction: English
Second Language: English, Sanskrit
Classroom Accomodation Limit: 40 Students
Bishop Cotton School Shimla is the oldest boarding school in Asia, founded on 28th July 1859 by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton, son of an Army Captain, who died leading his Regiment in battle. Bishop Cotton School is the first School in India to start the Prefectorial System. Bishop Cotton personally reconnoitered ten sites in September and October 1864, and finally approved the South end of Knollswood Spur which belonged to the Rajah of Keonthal. Bishop Cotton has produced several prominent alumni, known as Old Cottonians, including the highly decorated officer Major Roy Farran (Curzon).
G D Birla Memorial School was established in 1987 in memory of the Indian industrialist Ghanshyam Das Birla by its founders Syt. B K Birla (Basant Kumar Birla) and Smt. Sarla Birla is a school situated in Ranikhet. The school is located at a distance of 5 kms from Ranikhet which is 360 kms from Delhi, with the nearest railway station Kathgodam just 85 kms from Ranikhet. The boys are given an all-round education with emphasis on academic excellence. At the plus two level boys can opt for science or commerce streams. Students wishing to pursue their higher studies abroad are helped to procure admission in Universities in Australia, New Zealand and U.K. The school has established an exchange programme with schools in U.K. and Australia and outstanding students are sent to public schools abroad. The school is also a centre for the Business English Certificate Exam of Cambridge University. Spread in a campus of twenty acres, the school has modern compact buildings with facilities for games and co-curricular activities besides well equipped with audio-visual facilities which is a unique feature. The school has a 13 bedded hospital with a qualified resident Medical Officer.
Affiliation: Central Board of Secondary Education
Address: G.D. Birla Memorial School Birla Gram’ Chilianaula
Ranikhet Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
Phone: 05966220441 , 220012 , 220915
Telephone Number: 05966220441 , 220012 ,
10. HANSRAJ MORARJI PUBLIC SCHOOL
Hansraj Morarji Public School is set on a 50-acre campus in Mumbai. It was founded in 1939 by the Bai Kabibai and Hansraj Morarji Trust. The foundation stone was laid by the then-Deputy Prime Minister, Sardar Patel.There are 2 hostel wings, and in the main building are housed the primary school, middle school, and senior schools. Apart from the main school buildings, it includes two hostels, a dispensary, a music room, staff quarters, a library, theater, swimming pool and a science laboratory. They provide hostel accommodation and teachers quarters. There is a separate place for the tiny tots. The school has a library and a laboratory for Physics, Chemistry and Biology experiments. Recently the school has started a Junior college from 2008. The college provides Science and commerce for the students and have reserved seats for the shoolchildren passing out of 10th standard. The school has a library and a laboratory for Physics, Chemistry and Biology experiments. There are two semesters, the first semester stretches from June to October and the second from November to April. The winter vacation is for three weeks duration, the Christmas of about a week while the summer vacation is for about one and half months duration.
Medium Of Instruction: English and Gujarati
Affliation: S.S.C (Secondary Certificate Examination) of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education and the HSE.
School Type: Only Boys
Adresss: Munshinagar, D. N. Road
Andheri (W), Mumbai
Pin Code: 400058
Landmark: Near Bhavan’s College
Phone: (22)26232467, 26236917