There are many beautiful hill stations that adorn the landscape of India. Of the many hill stations, here, if you are looking for one in Uttaranchal, then Ranikhet is a very good option.
Of the many important hill stations that this state hosts, you can try out Ranikhet. It is located near Almora and Nainital and hence you will be able to access all the other important hill stations of this region with ease from here. There are plenty of hotels at Ranikhet and hence you will not have any trouble finding accommodation here. If you want to make sure that you enjoy the beauty of this hill station, then do check out these places:
- The Chaubatia Gardens: This is the most famous tourist destination of Ranikhet. The Chaubatia Gardens is a very famous fruit orchard that is not only known for the wide variety of trees and fruits that are grown here but also because of the lovely view of the mountain ranges that one gets from here. This is the perfect place to catch a sunset or sunrise. You can check out a wide variety of fruits here like apples, peaches, apricots etc.
- The Upat Golf Course: This is a nine-holed golf course that is particularly known in this region, because it is the highest golf course in Asia. If you want you can also take membership here at this club which is maintained by the Indian Army, since Ranikhet is a cantonment town and the Kumaon regiment is posted here. It offers an excellent view of the surrounding mountain ranges and hence makes for a very picturesque landscape. If you want, you can book a car from any one the resorts at Ranikhet and devote few hours exploring this lovely golf course.
- Manila: If you want to enjoy solitude and quiet then you should definitely take a trip to Manila which is near Almora. It is about 87kms away from Ranikhet. The most attractive feature of this hamlet is the Manila Devi Temple. Locals believe the goddess of this temple to be an extremely auspicious one. This place is known for its sheer beauty and you can visit Manila to enjoy a nice day of picnicking.
- Bhalu Dam: This is an artificial lake of Ranikhet. Surrounded by dense forests on all sides and with the mountain ranges at a distance, paints a really pretty picture. It is located very near the Chaubatia Gardens. Do not forget to carry your camera with you when you visit this place.
- Jhula Devi Temple: Ranikhet has a host of temples and this is the most famous one. Dedicated to goddess Jhula Devi, the most attractive feature of this temple is the view that one gets when on the temple premises. You will get a view of the surrounding valleys from the temple top and hence Jhula Devi temple is famous both amongst the tourists as well as devotees seeking blessings from the goddess.
Make sure that you visit all these places when you plan your trip to Ranikhet, in order to enjoy the beauty that this hill station has to offer.
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!