Are you finally planning to go on your first solo trip? Well, it is not easy to go alone all by yourself for an adventure, but it is good to go for small vacations. If you have a hectic work life and you need some space, then you must plan a vacation soon. You don’t have to plan it with friends, you can simply go solo! If this is your first time, then you need to know some things. While you are already aware of the basic things, for example –booking train tickets and call for food delivery at Vishakhapatnam Station or whichever station you are going to, etc. There are few things you need to keep in mind regarding packing. Here are some helpful tips…
- Don’t over pack – When going for a two day or short vacation alone, you should avoid over packing. You don’t want to carry tons of baggage with you while you are on the trip. Make sure you have a huge back pack or one trolley bag and your side bag with you only. Don’t put things that you think you might need. Only put in the things that you will surely need on the trip.
- See the destination – If you are going to an adventurous destination where you will be just roaming around and exploring, then take essentials accordingly. For example, if you are going to a cold place, then put an extra sweater or thermals instead of putting fancy shoes. Also, make sure you carry a traveller’s back pack only. You will probably roam around and explore with your bag along. You cannot really walk with a back pack, trolley bag and another bag while looking around on a trip. Several people make this mistake and we highly suggest that you avoid it!
- Have a first aid kit – Skip on some makeup items or some grooming products to place a basic first aid kit in your bag. Most people do not carry any first aid kit in their bag when they go on trips. This is a mistake you must avoid; make sure you have the basics without fail in your bag. You can always purchase a first aid kit from the medical store or customize a kit if you have all the things at home. Don’t be lazy about such vital things, start packing early and make sure this is the first thing that goes in your bag.
- Don’t pack food – Don’t ever pack food with you when going on a trip. You can take packaged dry snacks like chips, biscuits and chocolates but don’t take proper meal type items. It can get stale and also spoil the interiors of your bag. It could also leak and ruin things inside the back pack.
- Carry electronic essentials – Don’t forget your chargers, power chords and other essential electronic things you might need.
These 5 tips and hacks can help you pack better for your first ever solo trip.
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!