If you want to visit the place where some of the most colourful Bollywood films were shot, then you must visit Nawalgarh. It is a small town located in the beautiful Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan. The distance of Nawalgarh from Jhunjhunu would be something around 40 km. If you want to experience the most colourful towns of Rajasthan with your own eyes Nawalgarh is a must visit.
You will get quite a few hotels in Rajasthan where you can stay when visiting Nawalgarh. Just make sure that since the number of places to stay here are a little limited, you get your bookings done, with enough time in your hands.
Let’s take a look at some of the fun places that you can visit when in Nawalgarh:
- Walk through the corridors of Morarka Haveli: Nawalgarh is particularly famous for its havelis and the Morarka Haveli is definitely the most popular of all the havelis in this small town in the heart of Rajasthan. You can take a trip through the halls of these havelis to get an idea about how the business of Rajasthan at one point of time used to live. This haveli stands as it was during the time of its construction and hence you can see it in its former glory.
- A stop at the Poddar Haveli: After visiting the Morarka Haveli, you should definitely visit the Poddar Haveli. This structure had to be renovated since it had fallen prey to decay with time. The most fascinating part of this haveli is the frescos and paintings. They depict modern discoveries and challenges that man has faced. Some of the paintings even show the Wright Brothers and the gas air balloon! It was built sometime during the 1920s and it is today one of the star attractions of Nawalgarh. If you want to see the combination of modern thought and classic antique architecture and style of living, then do visit this haveli.
- Through the walls of Sheesh Mahal: The Sheesh Mahal or the Palace of Mirrors is another building of wonderment that you have to visit! Covered in mirrors of various colours, the ceiling of this building boasts of murals and even huge maps of Jaipur and Nawalgarh!
- Exploring the Nawalgarh Fort: Probably built sometime during 1737, this fort today stands as a symbol of the lost glory of Nawalgarh. This fort is slightly disfigured in appearance due to the lack of maintenance. There are few government offices and banks that operate from one part of this fort.
- Taking a look at the Roop Niwas Palace: Located very near to the Nawalgarh Fort, you have the Roop Niwas Palace, which is a beauty of architectural amalgamation. It represents both the architectural style of the Rajputs as well the English. This is surely one place that has a lot of fun in store for you, if you are interested in architecture.
Apart from these places, the most fun thing to do in Nawalgarh would be to explore the place on foot and learn all about the life of the people here. So, book one of the best Rajasthan hotels of Nawalgarh, pack your bags and head out for it today!
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!