For riders, helmets are often a lot more than just a protective gear. It is an extension of one’s style and personality. An eye catching helmet, more often than not, sets a rider apart from the lot.
Over the years, helmets, like everything else, have seen its fair share of evolution and transformation. The latest invention in the helmet world that has taken young riders by a storm is the modular flip up helmet. The have become so popular, especially among the youths, that if you simply type “flip up helmets online” in your search engine then your computer screen will be conquered with a million different online stores selling these bad boys. You will also find these modular shields in every bike lover’s pinterest pins for sure.
A modular flip up helmet gives the rider the freedom to raise the frontal part of the helmet which forms the chin bar. This mechanism has been made possible with the clever use of levers in the helmet design. Thus, this helmet packs the safety of a full face helmet and the convenience of an open face helmet ; While amping up it’s cool quotient way higher than both its predecessors.
The following lists the pros of the flip up helmet –
- It offers a lot of safety to its wearer. However, the wearer must, at all times, wear the helmet in its closed position. If not, it becomes more of a risk than protection. When the chin remains raised, it will not only fail to protect the rider but also work as a leverage to increase his/her risk of getting serious neck injuries during an accident.
- It offer the rider a lot of comfort by efficient reducing wind notice and the bashing of harsh wind against the rider’s face.
- It is also very convenient as the rider does not have to remove the entire helmet every time he wants to take a sip of his drink or a bite of his sandwich or make a conversation.
- It gives a very sporty and cool look to the rider which is an easy breezy head turner and often a conversation starter in bars and cafes.
Although the cons are comparatively lesser than the pros, you should still be aware of them –
- Since they are the newest addition to the helmet world that’s why they have not been through enough scientific tests unlike its predecessors. This has unfortunately left a lot of room for improvement in terms of the materials used in its build, the efficiency of the designs, cost and the overall look.
- Since they work on a lever they have a tendency to malfunction whenever the lever gets jammed or damages which can be a serious issue with riders. The flip up feature just stops working suddenly which defeats the whole purpose of this helmet.
To conclude, as you can see there as a lot of pros and lesser cons which makes it an ideal buy for many riders. Every rider who can afford to invest in these quality helmets must give it a chance at least once. You can find plenty of flip up helmets online India. So you may head to one of these stores immediate and pick one for yourself or for someone you would like to gift.
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!