Personal selling plays a very important role in persuading buyers to purchase the product. Besides, it leads to other benefits also. Advantages of using personal selling as a tool of promotion has the following advantages:
Personal selling reduces the cost of production
It minimizes waste
It helps to reduce marketing costs
It carries the advantage of flexibility
It facilitates consumption
It provides immediate & clear cut feedback
It is a two way communication
It helps to introduce new products & innovation to the market
Its goal is to actually make a sale.
1. Personal selling reduces the cost of production: Personal selling helps to increase sales, which in turn results in higher production. The fixed cost would therefore, be spread over a large number of units thereby reducing the cost per unit.
2. It minimizes waste: Personal selling can usually be focused or pinpointed on prospective customer, thus minimizing wasted efforts.
3. It helps to reduce marketing costs: Since sales people work in the field, they know where the products are to be made available. This avoids dumping of goods where there is no demand.
4. It carries the advantages of flexibility: Personal selling can be flexible and adopted to the needs of specific consumer. The salesperson can use as much-persuasion as necessary, and balance it against the need for information required by the customer.
5. It facilitates consumption: If goods and services are not bought in sufficient volume, people producing them lose their jobs. Selling helps people overcome their initial hesitation in buying, thereby increasing consumption creates employment.
6. It provides immediate & clear cut feedback: The direct interaction of seller and buyer provide instant feedback. Consumer may be asked about company policy, product attributes or they may register companies about the company’s products, salespeople are able to determine.
7. It is a two way communication: The buyer tells his needs, requirements & problems. The seller convinces the buyers as to how his firm’s product is going to fulfill and solve his problem.
8. It helps to introduce new products & innovation to the market: Without salespeople, this process would be greatly slowed down because people neither have the time nor desire to seek out new development.
9. Its goal is to actually make a sale: Other forms of promotion are designed to move a prospective consumer closer to a sale. Advertising can attract attention, provide information and arouse desire but seldom does it stimulate buying action or complete the transfer of the title (ownership) from seller to buyer.
Know more about the advantages of personal selling only at the University Canada West.
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!