Delhi to Chennai flights
Chennai, with its unwavering and passionate connection with culture, heritage, religion, cinema and food is like no other in India. A visit to namma Chennai is peppered with lot of activities, holding interest for everyone. Let the warmth, madness, colors and flavors of this city surprise you. If you’re planning to visit the ‘Gateway to the South’,Ashsih check for Mumbai or Delhi to Chennai flight timings.
Often touted as the ‘Gateway to the South’, Chennai is an amazing place to taste amazing food, enthrall your senses with mind blowing culture and visit some really captivating historical places. If you’re planning to visit the ‘Gateway to the South’, check for Mumbai or Delhi to Chennai flights. Here’s why Chennai is an amazing place to explore.
- Tropical and pleasant weather – Being close to the sea, Chennai experiences tropical climate. Barring a couple of months of hot sun in summers, rest of the year sees a relatively pleasant temperature with rains in between. So, it’s always a good time to visit the city.
- December is the time! – Yes, December and January is the Chennai Music Festival or Madras Music Season. And not just music, Chennai savors the classical dance forms and art fests showcased in these months. You get to attend hundreds of performances, discussions and meets. Chennai literally takes over as the cultural capital of India, for this while at least.
- Watch a movie in the local theaters – The experience of watching a movie in theatre in Chennai is unmatched. Tickets priced mostly around Rs. 120, super comfortable seats, not-so-expensive snacks are a part of the package. Make an advance booking because Chennaites take their cinema very seriously, more so when it’s their superstar Rajinikanth on screen!
- Explore the Marina Beach – Spread over a stretch of 13 kilometres, Marina is the longest urban beach in India and second longest in the world! Go there for a morning run or an evening stroll, and enjoy it with a corn on the cob peppered with chilli powder and lime, bhajji and fried fish.
- Food – When in Chennai, you will get to taste delicious dosas, idlis and sambhar wherever you choose to stop and eat. A visit to Saravana Bhavan, Murugan Idli Shop, ID (Idli Dosa) for some serious south Indian fare, is a must. Meat lovers need not lose heart. You will also find great places serving Chettinad cuisine, dominantly non-vegetarian, coastal delicacies and biryanis.
- Fall in love with Coffee – Coffee is integral to south India, this we all know. Filter coffee (or kaapi) is a must, when you visit Chennai. We will particularly emphasize on trying degree coffee for some variety, it comes from a small place outside Chennai known as Kumbakonam. This coffee is available all over Chennai in franchisees, which brew the cup to perfection. The strong concoction added to the frothy cow’s milk, is a delight for any coffee lover.
7. Soak in the religious culture – Religion is very dear to the city and every place of worship here is not just religiously important, but is of great architectural significance too. Feast your eyes, while you bow down in respect at the temples, churches and mosques in Chennai.
Apart of flight you can choose a car rental service as we know most of the car renta service provider offer special discount for outstation on the bases of season. If you are looking for best car rental service for outstation just search on google with taxicar found best car rental service at your doorstep.
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!