Most people know very little about Antarctica, so the good people at Factslides gathered some cool facts about the continent, most of which will probably leave you speechless.
1. Antarctica is the largest desert in the world.
2. The coldest place on Earth is a high ridge in Antarctica where temperatures can dip below -133°F (-93.2°C).
3. There is a waterfall in Antarctica that runs red.
6. Antarctica has only one ATM. And 90% of the world’s fresh water is in Antarctica.
7. There are no polar bears in Antarctica (only in the Artic), but there are lots penguins.
10. Antarctica is the coldest, windiest, highest, and driest continent on Earth.
Like the article? Subscribe to the Feeds Now!